0.1 ASHA CEUs (1 hours); Introductory Level, Related Area
0.1 NASP CEUs (1 hours); Introductory Level
0.1 AOTA CEUs (1 hours); Introductory Level
Wellness, job stress, and burnout are all important aspects of job performance for pediatric therapists. Participants will learn about current evidence and engage in an overview of proactive and practical strategies to promote wellness and manage work stress in practice. Participants will partake in proactive strategies and create a plan for application of the course material to their daily practice.
Kimberly Duetsch, OTD, OTR/L, is a lead occupational therapist at EBS Healthcare where she is responsible for supporting a multidisciplinary school-based therapy team and mentoring occupational therapists in both school-based and outpatient settings. She is also involved in evaluating students, consultation/collaboration with teaching staff and school administrators, and problem-solving new ways to support our therapists. She is an AOTA Certified Fieldwork Educator and an ImPACT Trained Occupational Therapist for multidisciplinary concussion management. Kimberly has also traveled with EBS United in their cultural immersion trip to Mexico.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being a paid employee of The Stepping Stones Group, Kim has no financial information to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Kim has no other non-financial information to disclose.
- Clearly articulate the intrinsic and extrinsic factors that contribute to job stress, burnout, and professional identity.
- Demonstrate thorough explanation of effective, proactive strategies to promote wellness and resiliency as pediatric therapists.
- Describe ways to synthesize the evidence and education presented to create a personalized wellness plan aligned with the job demands of their pediatric practice.
- Synthesize the evidence and education presented to create a personalized wellness plan aligned with the job demands of their school-based practice.
- 13 minutes: Introduction and background on factors contributing to job stress, burnout, and reduced professional identity
- 14 minutes: Summary of the literature regarding job stress, burnout prevention, and wellness promotion amongst healthcare professionals
- 33 minutes: Overview of practical, proactive strategies that can be adopted for managing job stress, promoting wellness, and developing resiliency as therapists
- 27 minutes: Trialing Wellness Strategies
- 13 minutes: Creating a personalized wellness plan and selecting strategies for the school year
- 12 minutes: Concluding Discussion
- 10 minutes: Course Test