ASHA CEUs: This course is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Introductory Level, Professional Area)
This course covered the Ethics for SLPs. The presenter provided a detailed review of the ASHA Code of Ethics. Participants were shown how to access information on ethics on the ASHA website and how to report ethical improprieties. Participants discussed and decided upon potential ethical dilemmas.
Linda Pippert, MA, CCC-SLP, MBA , was the Vice President of Clinical Operations with the Stepping Stones Group. She worked with the Clinical Fellowship program for the company provided training and resources to new graduates and their mentors. She has experience working in schools, clinics, universities and medical settings as a speech-language pathologist, supervisor, manager and instructor. She has experience working with children and adults of all ages. She has a Master of Arts in Communicative Disorders from California State University Fullerton and a Master of Business Administration from Pepperdine University.
Financial Disclosure: At the time of the presentation, Linda was an employee of the Stepping Stones Group and received a salary for her position.
Non-Financial Disclosure: There are no non-financial relationships to disclose at this time.
Following instruction, participants will be able to:
- Recognize ethical considerations for practice and supervision.
- Access resources for problem-solving ethical dilemmas in SLP practice.
- Assess ethical scenarios and determine if these would be reportable.
- 5 mins: Introduction & Learning Objectives.
- 30 mins: Reviewing ASHA Code of Ethics.
- 10 mins: Review where to access information on ethics violations on the ASHA website.
- 15 mins: Problem-solving ethical dilemma faced by SLPs.